Monday, April 2, 2007

The Amazing Race (Sunday, April 1)


"I am crying and he is laughing"

I'm still really annoyed with the fact that Rob and Amber got kicked off. As such, I am having a really hard time caring about this season. In true reality TV fashion, being aw
ful gets you a lot of screen time. As such, Charla and Mirna are huge parts of every episode.

Normally, I love crazy reality show contestants, but I've had more than enough of these two, with their constant bickering and whining and crying and patronizing people with their broken English. I'm done.

I am so done, in fact, that I only got a marginal amount of enjoyment from watching Mirna break down in tears after
haranguing a couple of cab drivers because they wouldn't take the time to drive completely out of their way to help her figure out where she's going just because she's a blonde or an American, or whatever.

Speaking of blondes, at this point I find myself firmly on Team Beauty Queens. I still don't know which one is Dustin and which one is Kandice, but they're kind of awesome. They play the game consistently and without any of the typical "people underestimate us because of our looks" bullshit. They know they're hot and they know that they can lug a wagon full of trees for a mile, just like they know that they can each eat two pounds of sausage. They don't make a big fat hairy deal out of it either, they just do it.

If an all-female team is going to win The Amazing Race, I sincerely hope it's these two. I also sincerely hope that if we continue to be forced to watch Charla and Mirna, that people keep making Mirna cry and Charla keeps falling on her face--because that's the only way I can really stand them at all.

No comments: